Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2002 4L60E TCC locking and unlocking

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2017, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 4L60E TCC locking and unlocking

I'll try to explain the best I can and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I've looked all around and haven't found a good answer yet. Between 40-60mph and average cruising RPM the torque converter seems to be locking and unlocking rapidly. I can give it more gas or let off and it'll stop or barely hit the brake just enough to unlock the TCC (which I'm thinking means the TCC is fine). I haven't had the truck long so not sure of it's history but it looks like it recently had a new tranny put in. So far I have replaced plugs, wires, and all 5 solenoids in the transmission but none of that helped. I was thinking of clearing the tap values (not sure it was done when trans was replaced) to see if that helps but not sure if it could mess anything up. I have access to a Maxisys scan tool that can clear the values but didn't know if I should.Hoping there's a chevy GURU out there that knows his stuff.

Thanks
Old November 29th, 2017, 5:28 PM
CF Beginner

Default Really..... nobody?

Nobody knows? Maybe I should've suck with Ford......
Old December 23rd, 2017, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Didn't work

So I reset the tap values and still didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't think it's the torque converter but knows.....