Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2003 truck cranks but doesnt start, instrument cluster not working

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2018, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 truck cranks but doesnt start, instrument cluster not working

So yesterday, as im getting ready for work, i hit the remote start on my
truck truck
. It startes fine and ran for 10 minutes before i got in it to leave. I pulled out of the driveway and got about 30 feet down my streer when i realized i forgot my glasses in the house. So i put it in reverse and parked in the driveway and shut the truck off. I went inside and got my glasses then walked right back out to the truck, took maybe 45 seconds. I went to start thw truck and it cranked but it wouldnt actually start. Remote start did the same thing, no luck. I then realized that when I turned the
key key
forward, the only thing that would
light light
up in the instrument cluster was the check
engine engine
light. My oil pressure Guage was stuck to half and my fuel Guage is at half a tank. These are correct for what the truckshould be if the engine is on. Also, my headlights and taillights were on and the key wasn't in the ignition. And, the remote start was trying to engage and I wasn't pressing the button. So I disconnected the battery so it wouldn't die and got a ride to work. We checked all the fuses after work and they are all fine. We also tried replacing the
ignition ignition
switch and that didn't work either. The fuel pump doesnt engage whwn i turn the keyforward either, which explains why it doesnr start. Could this be the anti-theft system perhaps? I'm at a total loss here. Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to give you guys every detail I can.