Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2004 Silverado 1500 misfire issue

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2019, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Silverado 1500 misfire issue

I have a manual 2004 Silverado 1500 4.3l and I seem to be having a reoccurring misfire issue. The truck occasionally (not everytime) will struggle to make it up hills when I’m accelerating. It appears to lose power and the stick shift starts violently shaking. Occasionally it will cause the check engine light to start flashing for a few minutes as well but not every time. The issue seems to come and go.

I recently took it to a mechanic and they put all new plugs, wires, and replaced the distributor cap and that didn’t solve the issue and I took it back and they installed one new o2 sensor for me. The truck ran fairly well and the o2 sensor seemed to have solved the problem for a few months however now it’s starting todo the same thing again. I’m not sure what to look into fixing next.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Old June 25th, 2019, 9:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by jstem
I have a manual 2004 Silverado 1500 4.3l and I seem to be having a reoccurring misfire issue. The truck occasionally (not everytime) will struggle to make it up hills when I’m accelerating. It appears to lose power and the stick shift starts violently shaking. Occasionally it will cause the check engine light to start flashing for a few minutes as well but not every time. The issue seems to come and go.

I recently took it to a mechanic and they put all new plugs, wires, and replaced the distributor cap and that didn’t solve the issue and I took it back and they installed one new o2 sensor for me. The truck ran fairly well and the o2 sensor seemed to have solved the problem for a few months however now it’s starting todo the same thing again. I’m not sure what to look into fixing next.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Did they test fuel pressure?
Old June 25th, 2019, 9:49 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

check your codes and check the fuel pressure