1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

350 Turbo Trans.

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2016 | 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Default 350 Turbo Trans.

I have a 1995 Silverado K1500 ext cab, but the motor and transmission were changed to the older style carburated motor links to the 350 turbo transmission. I need to put in the front driveshaft in order for the 4x4 to work again, and no auto parts store can seem to tell me what hardware I need. Is it a u-bolt or another type of bracket?
Old November 23rd, 2016 | 4:16 PM
CF Monarch

Believe it's going to be the same, but shorter drive shaft to as the rear.
Old December 17th, 2016 | 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Kevin is right, front shaft may need to be shortened as the t-case is now going to be closer to the front diff. Further, a new longer rear shaft may need to be sourced for the same reason. The front diff uses the same types of straps that the rear shaft uses, but they may be a different size. If you call your local GM dealer with the last 8 digits of the VIN they can sell you exactly what you need. Or, if you are wanting to save money, go to your local auto parts store and look in the "HELP" section and you can find the bolts & straps there. You may have to buy a set, try them, and then return and buy a different set until you get the right ones.