Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

99 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 dead cluster please help

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2019, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 dead cluster please help

Hello all, I'm hoping someone could help me figure out what's wrong with my truck and how to fix it my self. I have a 99 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 automatic So about a month ago my cluster to a crap on me coming home from camping the odometer "P R N D" all of it ,no guages work from time to time you can hear the security light clicking but can't see anything. Also my headlights and taillights will flicker as if the alarm is going off but no horn. I took the cluster apart my self and it looks to be fried around the odmeter , I have no idea how to fix that. what else would cause my lights to flicker. I'm having trouble finding a wire diagram for this model please help. Also I did have the battery tested at AutoZone turns out it a bad battery :/ I'm hoping to get some helpful answers I'm in desperate need to fix my truck thanks once again
Old July 31st, 2019, 4:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 350 Likes on 331 Posts

If your cluster looks fried, replace it or send it out to get repaired. You can try the u pick junk yards as they are not as expensive.
Old August 1st, 2019, 8:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried pick a part near me the all seem fried around the same area (around the odmeter) , I don't think the cluster will cause my head and taillights to flicker on and off like the alarm would go off .....