Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

C0035 AGAIN! HELP! False ABS activation at high speeds

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2021, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C0035 AGAIN! HELP! False ABS activation at high speeds

Hey, since weeks I have ABS trouble on my truck. I get the DTC 0035 wheel speed sensor supply. I have changed both hubs and sensor twice and cleaned all ground wires. I have still a false ABS activation during normal braking at high speeds when NO ABS IS NEEDED. Then the ABS Lamp turns on for some seconds, giving me the Code 0035 AGAIN!!!! I have no more ideas! In all forums, everybody says its a ABS sensor problem, I have changed them twice and also both hubs.
Old July 22nd, 2021, 3:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you shouldn't be "throwing parts" is one problem - it's how you turn a $100 fix to a $1,000 fix and huge wasted time

1) isolate problem

2) replace ONLY what fails verified tests in an isolated bench test. that's what mechanics are supposed to do.

3) unplug the sensor spin the wheel see if you get the pulse your supposed to get

4) if the sensor sweep is good: then the other end is bad

* check your sensors on the bench, if they pass - put them back in - don't mess with them

* you didn't mention if you cleared the code with a OBD II tool, and whether dealer tools have a special reset for the unit

* you didn't mention if you checked for TSB (techinical special bulletin - well known issue) for this publicshed with well known fixes

* you didn't mention if you used a chinese parts or a new OEM replacement / sensor - chinese/mexican non-OEM parts don't always work

The ABS wheel sensor is attached to what? Your ABS pump module or some computer? IDK I haven't done that job yet.

Reguardless - your wheel speed might be compared to either vehicle speed or transmission computer reported vehicle speed (ODBII has a transmission check if you didn't buy a cheapo). Now knowing this: you have more grounds to check and something to go on, I assume

A place to check for bad grounds is: rusty underbody ground screws in engine and all along the body back to the bumpers. Under the dash there are 2 or 3 wiring boards. The back of those boards can short wires or cause bad grounds - the (fuse/wiring panels) are not "infallible".

Less possible is that the only the left and right speeds are compared (or the computer comparing them is caput or has a bad ground). if they are compared only to each other - then you have a wire resistance issue - but you said you already checked that / grounds I assume.

I stress you should first check for TSB for your vehicle !!

good luck

Last edited by 2001 chevy silverado; July 22nd, 2021 at 3:59 PM.