Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

door lock questions on 2004 2500HD

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2019, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door lock questions on 2004 2500HD

I just bought a 2004 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab. I found the rear door locks aren't working, don't lock or unlock. i took the doors apart to find out what was going on. The right rear door actuator works when i hooked it to the wires in the front door(took that apart to fix another issue). Switched the relay out with one i know works from a different vehicle and it still don't work. If i use a multi meter to test, how many volts should i get? Any other area there may be a problem?

The left rear door needs a new actuator as there is some pieces missing. Didn't think to try the other actuator there to see if i had power. The door latch its self is different form the other as well. It doesn't have the child lock on it like its suppose to. Is it possible to find a latch that has the child lock on it and if so where?

Thanks

Alex
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so i looked a little farther and still dont know what the issue is. I tested for power on both the left and right rear doors on the plugs for the actuators. dead, no power of any kind. I took apart the connector in the door frame/pillar and tested there, still nothing. So that means power isnt being sent out to it for some reason.
I tried the two relays in the fuse panel on the left side of the dash, switched them out 1 at a time with a relay that i know works from a different vehicle. still nothing.

The front doors lock and unlock with no issues. Speakers and power windows all work on all doors as well. Door adjar/dome light switch also work on all doors.

Where do i check next?

Thanks
Alex