Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Interior lights and Blower

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2016, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights and Blower

So I'm new to this site but I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado that was a hand me down from my grandfather. Recently I had to replace the starter as the truck wouldn't turn on. But before that my grandfather told me that the speedometer lights never turned on and I can never tell what gear I am in but I have learned to remember "PRND321" and some of the gauges also don't tell me how much gas I have or the temperature.
Another issue is that when I turn the headlights come at night when I drive from work, the radio dims and I can never tell what station I am on. I've tried messing with the dimmer but I have not replaced it. Gonna check the fuses soon but I would still like some troubleshoot.
Lastly, my blower completely stopped working. When I got the truck from my grandfather, AC worked a little funky and wouldn't of blown out that much air but still kept me cool in the summer but now in the winter I freeze myself in the truck bc te blower just completely shut off.