Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Whining noise inside my truck

Search this Thread

Old November 25th, 2018, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining noise inside my truck

Need help... wondering if the cold could be a part of this, whenever I go over 20 mph there is a whining noise that sounds like it is coming from behind the dash, it’s nothing mechanical sounding... turned the radio off as well as the heater, no difference, the sound goes away when I slow to under 20 mph and just gets louder as I increase my speed
Old November 26th, 2018, 12:02 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolarj10
Need help... wondering if the cold could be a part of this, whenever I go over 20 mph there is a whining noise that sounds like it is coming from behind the dash, it’s nothing mechanical sounding... turned the radio off as well as the heater, no difference, the sound goes away when I slow to under 20 mph and just gets louder as I increase my speed
You got me on his one. If its not the fan its gotta be an air leak. I'd put some very wet towels on the air inlets to block off ALL he incoming air and see if that makes a difference. I have this buzz back of my glove box on my 98 K-1500 when I park it. It goes away fast so it doesnt really bother me. Probably a CC relay or an acutator, but everything works fine.

Old December 5th, 2018, 8:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be one of the stepper motors in your cluster going out. Unplug your cluster and take a short drive through the neighborhood and see if that helps. And don't worry you mileage will still be tracked in the computer. I ran without my cluster for 2 days while it was being rebuilt and everything was fine.