2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.
Old August 10th, 2015, 11:32 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2010 | 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

He ran to check? lol
Old July 15th, 2010 | 10:51 PM
Administrator

the concerns that I have ( that it might be BCM related) is some of the other non functioning items that are BCM controlled....
Old July 15th, 2010 | 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Just read this at [ http://www.ehow.com/how_5026968_trou...ol-module.html ].. Give it shot, if not done soo.lol
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:02 PM
CF Beginner

let's say that it does turn out to be the BCM. Is it common for the BCM to just go out or is there an underlying cause. Also, can I use a used BCM and have it reprogrammed or do I have to or need to buy a new one.
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Frais. The mechanic did run a diagnostic test, and I hope I get this right. I believe it said there was a loss of communication (a failure to communicate, LOL) to the BCM, now I am not for sure that is what it said and I can not remember what the trouble code was. I will try to find that out tomorrow and post it to see if anyone knows what it is.
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

When the key is turned to the start position, an electrical signal is sent through the microchipped key (if applicable). The signal is then sent to the body ride control module or the computer (depending on the year, make and model of the car). The signal must then go through the burglar alarm, then through neutral safety switch, (if the car is a manual, through the clutch switch) to the solenoid, which pushes the bendix out, engaging the starter gear with the flywheel or flex plate and turning the gear. The starter gear turns the flywheel or flex plate, which in turn turns the engine over.

Potential Problems
If the microchipped key does not give the proper signal, the car will not start. If there is a problem with the neutral safety switch (this switch does not allow the car to start unless it is in neutral or park), it will not allow the power to finish the circuit, and you have a no-start situation. If the burglar alarm is malfunctioning, or if the car was stolen without a key (hot wired), the power will not complete the circuit through to the starter and the car will not start.

I don't see why you'd need a new one. No real programing is needed for them.
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by flog62
Thanks Frais. The mechanic did run a diagnostic test, and I hope I get this right. I believe it said there was a loss of communication (a failure to communicate, LOL) to the BCM, now I am not for sure that is what it said and I can not remember what the trouble code was. I will try to find that out tomorrow and post it to see if anyone knows what it is.
np. Good luck.
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:12 PM
Administrator

As for if its common I can't say for sure thou I have not heard a lot of complaints about BCM's going out thou they do seem to be on the rise...

if the BCM is for your year/ model of truck I would think it would only need programming new or used...
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:14 PM
Administrator

that is a possibility also that it may just need to be re-flashed maybe it just lost its mind...
Old July 15th, 2010 | 11:19 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by frais
I don't see why you'd need a new one. No real programing is needed for them.

I think they do ( need programming), as I believe that is where your "options enabled" information is stored, like power mirrors vs power folding mirrors, heated seats etc...

Quick Reply: 2007 Silverado: disconnected battery, now won't crank