Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   2007 - 2013 (GMT900) (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/)
-   -   2008 Silverado Instrument Cluster (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/2007-2013-gmt900-109/2008-silverado-instrument-cluster-54678/)

in2pro August 6th, 2013 7:53 AM

Welcome to the forum...
have your read this post > https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...-repair-36889/

Bristol64 August 7th, 2013 7:01 AM

I did read the link. Seems to pertain mostly to the dead DIC and gear selector problem. I have the exact same problem as the previous people. Complete failure, all gauges and lights freeze. If I stop and shut the truck off, wait a few minutes, restart and everything comes back to life. Happened 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Chevrolet Customer Service August 7th, 2013 11:41 AM

Bristol64,

I am sorry you are having this concern. If you plan to have the GM dealership look into this concern, I would like to assist. Please private message me your name, VIN, address, phone number, and the name of your GM dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

in2pro August 7th, 2013 2:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bristol64 (Post 254057)
I did read the link. Seems to pertain mostly to the dead DIC and gear selector problem. I have the exact same problem as the previous people. Complete failure, all gauges and lights freeze. If I stop and shut the truck off, wait a few minutes, restart and everything comes back to life. Happened 2 times in the past 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Your having and intermittent connection AND/OR something is over heating...
Have you pulled the IP out and reseated all of the connectors, fully unplug and plug back don't just push and wiggle..
use a clean cloth and some alcohol to clean the contacts if they look tarnished..
While you have the IP out check the wire harnesses for chafing and cuts.
Have you added any aftermarket items that could be causing the power loss, poor wire crimps or splices...

Bristol64 August 7th, 2013 8:01 PM

I have not pulled the IC out. I just purchased the vehicle from a GM dealer last month and it is still under a short time warranty. I have not installed anything. When it fails next, I will take video of it and then call the dealer I guess. Is it more than likely the IC itself, or could it be the ignition switch failing?

iCreativeMind1 November 30th, 2015 1:47 PM

This happens to my 2008 Silverado.. It's weird. When it's warm or hot it works fine but when it's colder it stays off, only the backlight is on.

omaharider2000 January 30th, 2016 9:24 PM

i took mine to a local shop and they rebuilt it in 2 hours, 6 months later shift indicator dosent work then reversr and drive dosent work till i take the selector up and down the pattern plus doors dont lock when in park and back up lights out problem solved park netural safety switch on transmission

topsail February 10th, 2016 7:34 PM

Same problem here (2008 Silverado). Only happens when it's real cold. :mad:

gotplacestogo February 13th, 2016 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by topsail (Post 316419)
Same problem here (2008 Silverado). Only happens when it's real cold. :mad:

Same problem on my 04 Silverado only fails when cold. I wonder if it could be a bad ground somewhere? I didn't find any bad solder pins on the cluster.

Tanin Auto February 16th, 2016 8:22 AM

Originally Posted by gotplacestogo (Post 316561)
Same problem on my 04 Silverado only fails when cold. I wonder if it could be a bad ground somewhere? I didn't find any bad solder pins on the cluster.

Hi, Tanin Auto Electronix here. We are vendors on the forum and work on auto and truck electronic repairs. Though there are a few of you having 2008 SIlverado cluster issues and it isn't something we can diagnose without learning more about the clusters and checking them out, we want to help out.

It can save you a lot of money over taking it to a dealer and we have a super fast turn around time and excellent warranty on repairs. You can upgrade shipping to expedite cluster return as well. Here is a link to our gauge cluster, speedometer diagnosis repair service:

Gauge Cluster Speedometer Diagnosis Service

If for some reason, a cluster is not repairable, we do also help locate a replacement as well.

Let us know if any of you have any questions at all or PM us for pricing questions.

Thanks and have a great day!