Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado window/door latch issue

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2017, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado window/door latch issue

ok guys I have a 2014 Z71 LT the door ajar light came on for drivers rear door I took it apart cleaned door latch (contact cleaner/dielectric grease lithium grease) put it all back together light went of but still have no control to dome light when door is opened and now the window on same door will not work and also passenger front window will not work I'm sure this is an electrical/switch/relay issue can anyone point me at a starting point dealer says it's needs a door latch and a new wiring harness in that door which I might would bite on but they didn't take it apart I'm assuming they diagnosed by computer? But now with the new issues I'm unsure any help would be greatly appreciated since truck is 4000 miles out of warranty and dealer wants 900 to fix just dome/latch issues
Old December 25th, 2017, 2:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Probably need a new door switch on the rear door. It may not be reading the door being open. The window control on the drivers door is the master and if it is not working correctly the other ones may not work. So check out both of them.
Old December 25th, 2017, 7:05 PM
CF Beginner

I'm pretty sure the switch in the latch is bad I'm just questioning wether it is or not with the new issues on the same door with the window not operating and the issue with the passenger window not working now I'm wondering if power for all is fed through the driver master switch.i have had others tell me to check wiring in the rubber flew boot going to drivers door? I have power to the rear window switch and when switch is operated I get power at window motor but no clicking or movement? I'm just wondering if it all goes back thru drivers door switch? Thank you very much for the info I'm going to check it out some more
Old December 25th, 2017, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

I'm pretty sure the switch in the latch is bad I'm just questioning wether it is or not with the new issues on the same door with the window not operating and the issue with the passenger window not working now I'm wondering if power for all is fed through the driver master switch.i have had others tell me to check wiring in the rubber flew boot going to drivers door? I have power to the rear window switch and when switch is operated I get power at window motor but no clicking or movement? I'm just wondering if it all goes back thru drivers door switch? Thank you very much for the info I'm going to check it out some more