Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Turn Signal Issues

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2020, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Issues

Hello, I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, and I've been having an issue with my left side indicators. Intermittently, my blinker would blink fast for a few days, and then go back to normal, on and off until now it just blinks fast. I purchased new bulbs for the front driver side turn signal light as that is what I thought it was, but when I went to change them I noticed the bulb had not blown, nor did the brake lights on the same side. So it has been 4 months or so without a front blinker, and I'm at a loss. As of now, the front does not blink, while the brake light, and the indicator on my mirror does blink fast. Another thing though is when I unlock my truck at night, all of the lights will flash indicating that it is unlocked, but the front driver side turn signal lights up, but does not blink. Also, my truck does NOT have a turn signal relay or flasher unit, I've looked multiple times and all around for it, and could not locate it. The fuses are not blown either. My dad thinks it could be my BCM as it controls the lights, but that is my only issue with it.

Things I have tried:
Replaced the bulbs in the front turn signal light
Tried a new turn signal switch
Inspected the bulbs on the left side, except for the side mirror
Inspected the rear light connection/relay (had a bit of corrosion)
Old January 27th, 2020, 1:42 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

did you inspect the socket of the bulb thats not flashing? even though i have a 2010 im not too familiar with the bulbs, does the bulb you speak of have two filaments? if so that could explain why it works with the fob and not turn signal as the fob might activate the running lights not the turn signal lights
Old January 27th, 2020, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Yes it does indeed have two filaments, that does make sense.
Old January 5th, 2023, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Silverado

Originally Posted by kylecramer
Hello, I have a 2009 Silverado 1500 4x4 LT, and I've been having an issue with my left side indicators. Intermittently, my blinker would blink fast for a few days, and then go back to normal, on and off until now it just blinks fast. I purchased new bulbs for the front driver side turn signal light as that is what I thought it was, but when I went to change them I noticed the bulb had not blown, nor did the brake lights on the same side. So it has been 4 months or so without a front blinker, and I'm at a loss. As of now, the front does not blink, while the brake light, and the indicator on my mirror does blink fast. Another thing though is when I unlock my truck at night, all of the lights will flash indicating that it is unlocked, but the front driver side turn signal lights up, but does not blink. Also, my truck does NOT have a turn signal relay or flasher unit, I've looked multiple times and all around for it, and could not locate it. The fuses are not blown either. My dad thinks it could be my BCM as it controls the lights, but that is my only issue with it.

Things I have tried:
Replaced the bulbs in the front turn signal light
Tried a new turn signal switch
Inspected the bulbs on the left side, except for the side mirror
Inspected the rear light connection/relay (had a bit of corrosion)
Hey I'm having the same problem.. did you ever figure out the problem..