Notices
2007 - 2013 (GMT900) Section for all discussion related to the 2007-2013 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

What issues are in the future

Search this Thread

Old November 12th, 2018, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What issues are in the future

Hey all. I have a 2011 Silverado LT z71 thats not 4x4. I have 135k on the vehicle. Ive been running mobil 1 synthetic since the first oil change and run about 5-6k between changes. So far Ive gotten new brakes at about 100k miles. New plugs, air filter, and belts at 100k as well. Ive already had to change out brakes again at about 120k. Not sure why, but these brakes seem so spongy. Seems like I cant get the original OEM brakes. But thats besides the point of this post.

I just inherited some money and Ive been looking at buying a new truck. The only reasons why I am looking at getting a new truck is because 1, I dont know what problems are around the corner which my current truck and its age and mileage. I know thats hard to tell. The 2 reason is because I like all the new technology of the newer trucks. But I can spend about 1000-1500 for the new radios that will work in my truck to have that newer technology.

I would much rather spend the 1000 then 45-50k on a new truck. But being the end of the year, and all the rebates, and still having SOME trade in valve left on my truck I was wondering if it would be a good time.

I understand the issues that my truck might have, (water pumps, suspension, etc) will be cheaper then a new truck, I still dont want to deal with the hassle of things breaking down, or having less on a trade in. I am also pretty hard on this truck. I dont floor it every where I go, but often times I pushing it semi hard, and braking fast. (just being honest)

The BIGGEST thing that is stopping me from getting a new truck is this one I have now is paid off. So Its hard to spend 50k on a new truck if I DONT need it.

But, just curious what issues am I looking at, and what would you do in my situation.
Thanks