Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2015 Silverado 1500 "bucking"

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2016, 7:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Silverado 1500 "bucking"

I purchased my 2015 Silverado truck in August of 2015 and have been experiencing a type of "bucking" action every now and then when going from reverse to drive or from park to drive. I've also noticed while driving this same "bucking"action (more intense) when I take my foot off the gas for a while and press it again right after a downshift, which is not done intentionally. Also to note is the fact that I take care of my truck by making certain the truck is fully stopped when shifting from both reverse to drive and from park to drive. So far, I have been unsuccessful in pinpointing what exactly is causing this problem. Could it be something with the drive shaft or the transmission? Now that I have graduated from college and won't be relying on it so much anymore, I am planning to take it into the shop. I just want to have an idea of what the problem could possibly be before bringing it in so I can talk with the workers about it. Hopefully this is a easy fix because it'll be very frustrating having a serious problem with a NEW 2015 truck that has only 3500 miles on it. And yes, I'm still under warranty.

So, has anyone experienced anything like this -and/or- Does anyone know what this could possibly be?

thanks for the input !

Last edited by TigerBand21; May 31st, 2016 at 8:00 PM.
Old May 31st, 2016, 7:33 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you might have too much play in the driveshaft from a worn u-joint ! or it might be too much play in the differential ! you can get a lot of money tied up in guess work ! I am just guessing here so you better let the garage look at it !
Old July 24th, 2016, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever find the problem with this bucking?
Old August 8th, 2016, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

No. I dropped it off at the dealership and described the problem to the worker. He told me he knew exactly what I was talking about and it would be fixed in about 30-45min. Long story short, I didn't get my truck back until 3 days later. And the only reason I got it back was because I told the guy I was coming and they need to have it ready. I got there only to learn the truck had not been fixed! What really pissed me off was not only the fact that I didn't have my truck for so long, but every time I spoke with them about it they lied to me by saying "the mechanics found out what was wrong with it, and it's being fixed as we speak."

Anyway, when I went and picked it up they said if it was anything serious they will send out a recall notice, and I should just continue driving it the way it is. In the end, I am glad I sent it in because now they have a record of me doing so. I just wish Chevrolet ran a more efficient operation.