Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado 2500HD Wont start

Search this Thread

Old January 31st, 2018, 5:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado 2500HD Wont start

The wife used my truck for work. After work the truck wouldnt start so had it towed home, figured it was the starter. Today changed the starter & the mega fuse 175, but now not only the truck wont start, it also says reduced engine power/ service stabilatrack. Anyone know of a solution or cause? Any help is much appreciated.
Old February 13th, 2018, 2:19 AM
CF Beginner

Cool

HI,
did you figure out it could be throttle body i have changed mind as used part for testing it run for while than message comeback you need ODBII scanner
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problem solved

After taking my truck to the dealership & a diagnostic ran. The problem turned out to be a faulty ECU. Luckily my truck is still under warranty and didnt have to spend any cash.
Old February 13th, 2018, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Lawrence “Kanui” Moiha
After taking my truck to the dealership & a diagnostic ran. The problem turned out to be a faulty ECU. Luckily my truck is still under warranty and didnt have to spend any cash.
Hi,
thanks can you tell me how much it may cost also part no if possible because i m confused between ECM and PCM

also there's any chance how tell if the ECM is died
mind now i have replaced the the throttle body still some times crank some time no crank i had wait for 15 minutes then keep crank but not fired