Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

lift kit suggestions

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2016, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit suggestions

Hello I recently bought a new 2015 Silverado z71 4x4 and I am wanting to get a lift kit wheels and tires through talks with a local shop they are suggesting a 7.5" rough country with 35s but with some searching I'm seeing alot of negatives anyone here have any helpful information for me this will be my first truck upgrade. I will be doing a little off roading at the deer camp and there will be a few beach trips. Help make my decision a little easier
Old March 1st, 2016, 6:13 AM
CF Beginner

Michael,
I just got the same truck and I am also looking into a lift kit. I have done extensive research, but am by no means experienced. I have a coworker who is very knowledgeable when it comes to off roading and lift kits. Make sure that the shop that is suggesting this lift actually builds off road vehicles and knows what they are talking about. Lifts can often involve more than just the lift kit in order to maintain the integrity of the truck so you don't have problems down the road. I would seek out some 0ff roading clubs in your area and find out who they go to for their modifications. I know this wasn't a tremendous help, but I'm sure others will post and steer you in the right direction. Good luck.
Old March 1st, 2016, 9:01 PM
CF Veteran

I wouldn't go higher than 3-4" unless its offroad more than on, you end up having to extend and modify a lot more parts to do it right. Also keep in mind that it WILL change the way the vehicle rides and handles plus may void parts of the factory warranty. Plus anything higher than that on an IFS is defeating the purpose anyway.
Old April 3rd, 2016, 1:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of 1500 ifs trucks are lifted 6+ inches. No problems. I've personally ran 4 different lifts on my 2001 and have finally got it sittin where I want. 12" on 37s and 22x14s. Granted I don't daily it, I would if needed though. Now to your truck, I'd probably stay away from the 7.5" rcx kit as it's basically their 5" kit with a 2.5" Levelin kit stacked on top. Maybe look into the fts 7" kit. It's a full 7" out the box. Or if you want, rcx has a new 6" kit they came out with for 14s and up, suppose to be pretty nice. Never seen it installed personally though. On my 14 I just run a 2.5" levelin kit and 33s and it's perfect for me. Do you know what size/width wheels and tires you wanna run? That'll tell us a lot
Old October 16th, 2016, 7:05 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rough Country 3.5

I have the Rough Country 3.5" lift with 35" BFGs. Love it.
Old October 18th, 2016, 12:25 PM
CF Active Member

I'm from Wisconsin and there are laws that limit how much you can alter the height of your vehicle from the original factory height. I seen lots of guys spend money on equipment only to be stopped by the state patrol and told that there truck is now illegal and were issued pricey citations. Might want to check your state laws to see what you can legally do first.