Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Touch screen and radio sound issues

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2017, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Touch screen and radio sound issues

I bought my 2014 Silverado 1500 LT back in November of 2016 and began to immediately have issues with the bluetooth connection and radio sound. I had two iPhone 6's at the time and would have to disconnect and reconnect multiple times before I could have any sound travel through the vehicle speakers. Even when the phone was connected the touch screen would still freeze and would show a song playing and the volume control would show up but no sound can be heard. After taking it to the dealership the first time I was advised the touch screen software needed an update; however I still experienced the same issues. After the first trip to the dealership I got two new iPhone 7's and synced them to the truck but I still exhibited the same issues. After taking it to the dealership a second time for these issues I was informed the radio was "out of calibration" and the problem had been rectified under the warranty. I was not 1/4 mile out of their parking lot before the exact same issues arose and when I returned to speak with a manager, I was informed the service department was closed and no other managers could help me since all they do is sell the vehicles. Videos were taken of the radio issues and provided to the dealership prior to me dropping the vehicle off the second time.

The second time the dealership had my vehicle they gave me a 2017 Silverado LT for a loaner and I had absolutely no problems what so ever with the radio/phone bluetooth interface. Everything synced without issue and never once did I have to turn my phone or my bluetooth on or off just to hear sound through the vehicle speakers. This would leave the impression that it is not the phones but in fact the vehicle's radio interface itself and after two separate times of updating/reflashing the PCMs, I would think it is time to explore other options like replacing the unit.

I have also been experiencing issues starting the vehicle within the last month. On two separate occasions I have started the vehicle and it turns over 1-3 times before sputtering off and giving me a warning to "Service Stabilitrac." The first time it happened the dealership was able to locate a bad ground wire and replaced it; however less than a month from the original incident it happened again and the dealership could not replicate the issue. This makes me question the reliability of the vehicle and with this many issues in 6 months I don't feel comfortable driving my vehicle over any long distance and it only has 21,000 miles on it.

This is really disappointing to have this many issues with a fairly new vehicle and I don't think it is too much to ask to have the vehicle function the way it was designed too. Also if there continues to be issues with the same items, I expect the problem to be addressed and fixed per the warranty.

Has anyone else been having these types of issues??