Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Vibration issues

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2016, 1:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration issues

Hello can any one help me out with this vibration issue im reading about. I purchased a 14 Silverado with 8000 miles ran and drove beautiful. I had a 6 inch lift and 33's installed now I'm getting that bad teeth chattering vibration around 60 mph. The shop has looked at everything and even had the tires and rims replaced !!!! Still shakes any ideas ??
Old June 18th, 2016, 2:31 PM
CF Veteran

how are they balanced or are they balanced at all?
Old June 18th, 2016, 2:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

did they measure the driveshaft angle?

gm dealerships have a EVA (Electronic vibration analyzer) essential tool which measures vibration frequency. Each rotating part has a known resonance frequency. A tech with knowledge of this tools operation will be able to take a hertz measurement and isolate the problem based the result of the measurement.
tires, axles, driveshafts, pulleys, engines each have a signature frequency.

the other option is part substitution which, as you have learned, is hit or miss.
Old June 18th, 2016, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Still shaking

They did try balancing the first few times. They went as far as having pro comp warrenty the tires then the rims the shop now is looking over all suspension parts and yes they did measure the drive shaft angle believe he said .08 ? He was rattling off all kinds of things they did. And are still dumb founded ?????