Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Disappointed with my Silverado and Chevrolet

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2017, 9:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had some pretty bad service from Chevrolet in the past. I bought a 1999 Camaro SS from factory with every option. I serviced and babied the car. While waxing the car, I noticed cracks around the screw holes for the brake light in the spoiler. I thought nothing about it. But sure enough, one day the brake light actually fell out at about 2 years old! So I promptly take it to dealership for warranty repair, right? WRONG!!! The dealer determined the damage was due to "abuse!" Irritated, I followed my appeals process to Chevrolet, who promptly told me "no." While I sold that car long ago, I still have a bad taste for their service since then. In fact, I stayed MOPAR for the most part, until this truck in 2014. Sounds like little has changed...
Old March 11th, 2017, 8:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

audi had the best response to oil consumption due to extended service intervals; they removed the dipstick so the customer can't check it. Its replaced by programming that instruct you to add oil.