Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Performance Exhaust for 2017 LTZ.

Search this Thread

Old September 19th, 2017, 6:44 AM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Exhaust for 2017 LTZ.

I'm looking to do a performance exhaust upgrade and perhaps a cold air intake for my 2017 Silverado 1500 LTZ. Any suggestions based on personal experience?
Old September 19th, 2017, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

GM Borla cat back exhaust
Airaid tube with K&n drop in filter

I really like this setup on my truck.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5.3 or 6.2? I really love my magnaflow on my 6.2. But it's all depending on what you want out of it. There's tons of YouTube videos on the subject. I'd suggest a straight through muffler. Magnaflow, borla, aerotrubine, carven, dynomax bullet...those are a few to start with. You won't really notice a big difference in performance but it'll definitely sound better

Heres testing that blackbear performance did on the new intakes. I have the afe momentum gt myself. Suppose to provide the biggest gains. I'm right at 400hp to wheels if what it shows is true

http://blackbearperformance.com/IntakeTestResults_2016.asp
Old September 25th, 2017, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by johng724
GM Borla cat back exhaust
Airaid tube with K&n drop in filter

I really like this setup on my truck.
So the drop in is better than the cone? Or is it because of the (sensor/plug) deal that's on the tube?
Old October 20th, 2017, 7:31 PM
CF Beginner

I have 6.2L 2017 - I just placed Black Widow (love this sound) 250, due to inlet needed was a real pain in the D**K finding it. The welds the muffler - best Ive seen. Used to be a Flow master fan. I considered hard the Borla as already mentioned but I couldnt be more pleased with my end choice. I am traditional didnt run single and had Duals with tips. (Not really any performance or sound from single to dual, call me old school)

Im a big black bear tune customer (just the performance tune without after market mods - great improvement / HP / throttle overall)

Then in final Black bear ran extensive test with different intakes on a 6.2L with Dyno results and tunning to the air intake for your truck. I went with the (IMO between air intake and HP torque ect) the aFe Monument GT Pro then had my tune calibrated with this

Black Bear Performance :: Intake Comparison Test Results - 2016 Direct Injection Models

Its a noticeable difference that is well worth the money (and the tune service is fantastic I got my stock to flash back and the once I can always improve upon with new future additions so you get 100 percent out of your aftermarkets additions!)
Old October 21st, 2017, 6:06 AM
CF Beginner

I recently installed the GM Borla exhaust and GM Performance intake and am happy with the results.
Old October 23rd, 2017, 11:24 AM
CF Beginner

5.3 2017 ltz