Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Yokohama Geolander MT G003 review

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2017, 6:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yokohama Geolander MT G003 review

Recently I was pm'd about being a reviewer of a new set of tires that Yokohama was in the process of making. Of course I was excited and agreed to do a full on review. I've had multiple sets of mud tires myself and seen others from close friends/family. 33" toyo MT, 33" toyo AT and AT2s, 33" nitto trail grapplers, 35" nitto mud grapplers, 35" nitto trail grapplers, 37" toyo MT's, and have also rode in trucks with 33" federals, 33" Cooper zeon ltz, 33" Mickey Thompson mtz, 35" swampers, 33" Cooper discoverer STT pro's, 33" Hancook duratrac's, 33" atturo trail blades, 33" bfg AT, and probably more that I can't think of at this moment. First impression of the tires is that they're good lookin tires, do resemble toyo's a tad bit but have differences to set them apart. The tread depth seems to be a tad deeper than toyo, nitto, Mickey Thompson and the atturo trail blades. They weigh about 64-65lbs dependin on the scale I'm assumin, which is lighter than most 33" mud tires I've looked at by a couple pounds. They are 10 ply so hopefully they're pretty durable. I got them installed today and 2 of them balanced out very well, one took 1/2oz of weight while the other took 1oz of weight. The other two took roughly 2-2.5oz of weight. So all in all not too bad. They look awesome on the truck so that's a big plus. They ride just as well as any toyo or nitto I've had, on the 15 mile trip home they had a lil hum to them but definitely not loud. Very similar to toyo MT. Quieter than nitto trail grapplers imo and def quieter than mud grapplers. I haven't had to log many miles on them and honestly don't drive my truck much(4 miles to work). But over the next month I'll get a pretty good basis on how they are. Pretty stoked though, love the way they look and ride so far. On to pics

Old June 6th, 2017, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

this is road noise of the tires gettin up to 60 mph. Still relatively quiet for a MT. I'm loving them more and more each day
Old August 23rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Liked your review, but also like the wheels on your truck. Can you tell me what Brand? thanks
Old September 22nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Just now seeing this, haven't gotten on much lately...these wheels are 20x10 ultra predator wheels. Thy don't make these exact ones anymore but they have a predator 2 out that's pretty close

lil update on the tires, probably have 3k miles on them give or take a couple hundred and I can't tell they've worn any. I light em up from time to time and they're holdin true on the tread. No issues with balance or road noise or vibrations. All in all, I'll probably be buyin these again when lever they do decide to wear out. They've been awesome tires. We had a pretty good flood down here in Houston with Harvey recently, the tires have great traction in the rain to say the least, and they're killers off-road. Haven't had a single issue with them