Notices
2019+ Silverado (GMT-T1) Section for all discussion related to the 2019+ Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.

2024 Silverado AC outlets not working

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2023, 12:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2024 Silverado AC outlets not working

OK, noob question. I took delivery of a 2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ about 5 weeks ago. It has two 120 volt AC outlets, 1 in the bed and one inside the console. Both are dead. The user manual talks about an "DC/AC switch" that must be thrown to turn these outlets on:

From the owners manual

But I see no such switch in my truck:

Now, I realize that the owner's manual depiction of the dash looks different than mine, but that is the only reference to the outlets in the manual, and it is the 2024 manual.

I might think that all trucks get the outlets but you have to buy the option to turn them on ... typical corporate sales tactic ... but the window sticker clearly says "120V INTERIOR AND CARGO BED POWER OUTLETS".

What am I missing??

Thanks for any help.
Old October 14th, 2023, 2:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 658 Likes on 597 Posts

you probably didn't get it. Not surprising with all the part shortages. Make sure you they refund your money.
Old October 14th, 2023, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
you probably didn't get it. Not surprising with all the part shortages. Make sure you they refund your money.
I sure hope that's not it ... This vehicle was assembled and purchased before the UAW strike.
Old October 14th, 2023, 4:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

It might be a good move to check all your paperwork, Especially if you were charged for it.
If you can, suggest you take the vehicle to the selling dealer and have them show you if there is something you paid for,but did not receive.
Old October 14th, 2023, 4:26 PM
Super Moderator

You have a 2024 1500 model instrument panel.

Old October 14th, 2023, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Well ... I pulled the fuse(60 amps!) and relay for the "DC/AC Inverter" and they are both good.

But after I put the fuse and relay back in, the outlets work! No switch, just plug in and there's power.

Go figure ... an improperly seated fuse?? Sheesh! What are the odds on that? On a NEW vehicle - it had 13 miles when I took delivery.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Old October 14th, 2023, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

@mountainmanjoe Thanks for the tip, good to know. To be clear, it really IS a 2024 2500 LTZ
Old October 14th, 2023, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

ok. I'm sure you're right. All I have to go by is publicly available documentation. (and the manuals are crap, it seems)

Maybe the inverter module just needed a power cycle to reset and start working. But it begs he question .... how do you turn it on and off? Those things do consume some power in stand-by.
Maybe it automatically senses a load. (which might explain why it didn't work before?)
Old October 14th, 2023, 10:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 213 Likes on 187 Posts

I don't think our '20 Tahoe has a switch for the outlets either. I have never tried the 120v
Old October 15th, 2023, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

@mountainmanjoe Each outlet has a small light that turns on when power is being drawn. Since power is not available unless the engine is running - or the ignition is on, I guess it's OK to be live all the time. It probably won't be a drain on the battery as long as the engine is running and the alternator is doing its job.

My tester shows the bed outlet to be good, but the one in the cab shows as open ground ... most of the time. I inserted 2 testers several times each. Once I saw "good", once one of the warning lights was flashing on and off, and the rest of the times it showed as open ground. That's not giving me much confidence in Chevy's QA process.

Another trip to the dealer is in order. Well, I already have to go back again because the trailer brake is intermittent - it keeps showing as disconnected and then connected, again and again as I pull a trailer down the road. And the driver's side cameras are all dead. Dealer kept it 2 days for a thorough diagnosis - a bad body harness, of all things! And they can't get the dang part (UAW strike?).

So, all told, I'm not impressed. I mean, I really like the truck, but these issues give me pause. My last truck was a 2012 F-250 diesel - never had a single issue ... C'mon Chevy, you can do better!

Quick Reply: 2024 Silverado AC outlets not working