Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

95 chevy astro 4.3

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2011, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 chevy astro 4.3

I have had a 15 faultCode for a couple weeks now. and van's been running rich. changed out coolant sensor twice and still faulting. Finally broke down and sent it to the dealer and they said that the wire between the pcm and coolant sensor is frayed somewhere and after a couple hours couldn't find the faulty section of the wire.
So of course my though it why chase a wire vs. just replacing it. That said easier said than done!
I can't find a wiring digram showing these wires and where they are run in the vehicle
to add to the equation, I did finally find a PCM input/output diagram but the coolant sensor show two wires (yellow & black)and mine only has one (green). ??
so i'm assuming that that one green wire routes directly to the temp guage as it still works.. and then two wires come out and go to the PCM???
so end all of this question. I want to cut the ends of the black and yellow wires and run two new ones instead of ripping everything apart..But where do they originate?????????