Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Astrofari Expedition 2012

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2011, 1:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Astrofari Expedition 2012

Over on Expedition Portal my mind has been going since this
Originally Posted by RocKrawler
I'm envisioning a west coast top to bottom Astro Expo tour next year; who's with me?
and this
Originally Posted by RocKrawler
I wouldn't be opposed to doing a location event either though. During ownership of my FJ cruiser I was privileged to attend several events in Sedona AZ and Ouray CO.
Who else would be interested in an Astrofari gathering?

Would you want it to be travel or location based?

Where would you like an event to go or be?

How many days should it be?

What time of year should it occur?

I've personally been to Ouray, CO (without van) and Moab, UT (with van) and know that there is plenty that even a stock vans can do. I'm always willing to visit both again.

Ouray is just awesome, but most of the trails are usually only open for a few months beginning in July. The thought of a line of vans coming down Black Bear Pass into Telluride tickles me so. FYI, Black Bear is more of a head trip than anything, it's good to have a spotter for reassurance.

Our last Jeep trip to the Moab area spent several days in Canyonlands National Park, no facilities, pack it in/out. I must say the campground at The Dollhouse is breath taking and worth the trip. Previously, I completed 7 Mile Rim (Level 3.5) in Grumpy driving solo, bypasses and rock stacking did come into play.

Let me know your thoughts.

Astrofari Expedition 2012
AstroSafariVans.com • View topic - Astrofari Expedition 2012