Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Basic Questions

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2011, 5:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic Questions

I am just about to get started on doing what I want to my 95 Astro I have. But I have a few questions before I get started on some projects. So here we go.

1) I currently have roll up windows. Is it possible to convert to power and if so what is the easiest way and suggestions. And can I use the current doors or do I need to get differ sets.

2) Ive heard of some people using other auto interior example seats. Do Escalade seats fit in a 95 astro and if so what year.

Well those are the easiest questions I got. The rest I can do on my own just wanted to know those two main things before I get started on the rest of the van.

Thanks for the help.
Old June 24th, 2011, 7:19 AM
CF Active Member

I don't have definite answers for you, but here's what I'd do.

Head to the scrap yard.

Remove door cards from vans with each type of window and compare the two.

There are a few GM seats that will bolt up to the Astro's seat bases. I seem to recall someone having Camaro buckets in their van. Really a crap shoot though. Remove a seat, measure the bolt pattern, front to back, side to side and corner to corner. Find another seat with the same measurements or something you think can be easily modified.

Good Luck!
Old June 25th, 2011, 1:49 PM
CF Beginner

Hey thanks.

Any Idea of a GM that has full row bucket seats that are separate. Example can still adjust drive seat and the middle and passenger rows are joined.
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
CF Active Member

I seem to remember my Pontiac 6000 had seat kinda like that, but that was quite some time ago. What seating position would you would put that?