Notices
Silverado, Sierra & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado & Sierra have been two of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Old August 6th, 2015, 2:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

09 Silverado Radio Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2012, 5:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 70runner
My 09 2500HD LT has the AM/FM/single CD option (US8 code). I have an opportunity to pick up the Nav DVD Radio (U3U code) manufactured by Denso and advertised as a factory OEM replacement for 07-09 Chev/GM truck, PN 25894202/15940102. The package includes the map disc, navigation antenna and the VSS/Voice wiring kit. Is this all the hardware I'll need to do the conversion?

Do you know which aftermarket head unit you have looked into/researched?
Currently, I have heard from this forum about Pioneer...other name brands, ROSEN, Advent?... and Otto Navi...

Pioneer or other name brands like Kenwood dont retain any factory look...so I am looking towards Rosen, Advent, and Otto Navi..

Rosen I cannot seem to get a hold of...I have seen their videos and it does look nice...

Otto Navi seems honestly the same as Rosen, but a little bit more accessible maybe I am biased because I was actually able to speak with one of their techs...

I was told by the tech to check out some of their product reviews on toyotanation.com? [a toyota forum]...but most were for their Toyota line of products like their TACOMA...overall had good feedback

BUT
what caught my attention is and Android OS operating head unit with OEM factory look?

My concerns:

(1) how reliable is their Android platform? Are there any restrictions? Do I have full control over ....

(2) Why haven't more people heard of this? I mean an Android Head unit you figure kids be having a frenzy?....or am I old news? Have these already been out?
[I was by tech told the Android OS operating head units are new]

(3) Paying for additional service plan... but Android in my car does seem cool
Old January 9th, 2013, 5:12 AM
CF Beginner

Yes it is pretty enough and right for set-up if you don't wanna do any other add-on. I have the same set of settings too.

Old January 25th, 2013, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2008 Trailblazer with a 6-disc changer CD AM/FM radio. Does anyone know if I can do a direct swap with the Navigation radio or do I need the Navigation antennae. The truck is fully loaded and has OnStar Navigation. Thanks for any help
Old February 11th, 2013, 5:37 AM
CF Active Member

Default After Market Radio / DVD

Just finished a 2008 Silverado WT Head End Unit install ..

Flickr: WyrTwister's Photostream

Do not know if you can view the photos ?

Sorry about the glare ( you can see a reflection of my hands and the camera ) on the closeups .

The truck had an AM / FM with single CD . It was dieing . Also On Star & XM , neither of which I subscribe to . So did not care if I lost those services .

Four factory speakers , no Bose or amplifiers .

Needed to keep the project low cost , since I am paying for half the cost .

The Head End Unit is a no name brand Chinese unit . Milion D2229 . Milion is the economy brand of Eonon . Which is another no name brand Chinese brand / unit . So far it is working as advertized .

No , it does not have GPS or Bluetooth . It is set up for a back up camera , which I am thinking about .

I got the install kit # 2500i from Walley World . The instructions say it fits ( among a bunch of other GM vehicles ) 2007 - 2010 Chevy & GM trucks .

It comes with a " chime module " that hooks into the new wiring connector & restores the warning chimes .

Biggest problem was the trim ring that was part of the mount kit did not fit . The inside dimensions , of it , were too small to go around the radio . I had to remove enough plastic , from the inside opening of this trim ring , to allow it to fit around the front of the radio .

The electrical part of the install was not as much of a problem .

Initially the thought of tearing the dash apart scared the ******* out of me . I started doing some google searches and came up with several YouTube videos that helped a lot .

So I got up the courage to tackle it myself .

My understanding is if you install a HU with GPS , it has to have an antenna . I do not know , if any of the trucks came out with factory GPS ? If they did , I do not know if an after market HU could access the GM antenna ? Might be easier to just , discretely install the aftermarket GPS antenna ?

I think BlueTooth phone requires a microphone ? Either built into the HU or wired into some where in the cab ?

God bless
Wyr