Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

03 Av brake light problem. Center works, sides don't

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2009, 6:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Av brake light problem. Center works, sides don't

Having an issue with my brake lights, the center light works but both sides do not, all other lights work fine.

Haven't had much of a chance to mess with it yet, all I did was switch a few bulbs around to see if they would work, they didn't. Haven't even had a chance to check if there is power or not but I am going under the assumption that there is not. Anything I should be looking at? The fuse is fine.
Old May 27th, 2009, 7:03 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Check the fuse labelled VEH STOP at the fuse block in the drivers door jamb. It is a 15amp fuse and it feeds only the outer top lights.
There are 3 fuses total for the brake light system. The one I just mentioned, one only for the center brake light, and another under the hood that covers all brake light components.

If the fuse is good, next step is to see if there is power on the blue wire at the socket.
Old May 27th, 2009, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnvw
Check the fuse labelled VEH STOP at the fuse block in the drivers door jamb. It is a 15amp fuse and it feeds only the outer top lights.
There are 3 fuses total for the brake light system. The one I just mentioned, one only for the center brake light, and another under the hood that covers all brake light components.

If the fuse is good, next step is to see if there is power on the blue wire at the socket.
Hiya, thanks for the info.

Checked the fuse, no luck. I'll have to check the socket tomorrow.