Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2007 HELP PLEASE !! Avalanch Stabilitrak Traction Control on/off

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2020, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jackyshaikh
unwanted stability activation and/or a service stability message. The EBCM may have set DTC C0710. This concern may occur if the vehicle's suspension system has been modified (Lift or Lowering Kits), wheelbase length modified (limo, etc...) and/or other than stock size wheels and tires installed.

Have youmodified any of above things?

Do you get message while turning steering wheel,even if you turn few degrees?
I did not modify but did change out both driver and passenger side links and this problem didn’t occur until I took a road trip which I discovered after my #4 cylinder piston had gone out and at which time the Stabilitrak light came on and does intermittently even after the repair of the cylinder and piston. The trucks drive performance is good however my concern is the Stabilink keep coming on even during driving.
Old May 10th, 2021, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Default Reply on sound.

Originally Posted by gentlemanspickup
Have purchased a 2010 Avalanche LTZ only a week ago, and have noticed this annoying noise emitting from the CD/DVD/Radio/GPS in dash unit, which sounds like the laser pickup is constantly searching. It even continues after the vehicle is shut off, or if you energize any electrical device, like folding the mirrors in/out, that will trigger the searching sound again. It eventually will settle down and become quiet. However, you can still hear it as you drive. Dealer states that the factory direction is NOT to replace the radio or on board GPS unit, and that this is "normal" operation sounds. Has anybody been plagued with this annoying noise? I suspect that it could be in a Suburban or Tahoe with similar dash mounted units, as well.

I came to find out that it was my cell phone ports in the dash. I move my plug to the back and don’t have the sound anymore.
Old June 16th, 2021, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was truly at wits end trying to figure out and narrow down what my issue could be with that dumb Stabilitrak and Traction Control lights on. You hit the nail on the head!! I had my mechanic replace the MAF and MAP Sensors. ALSO I found that the drivers side valve cover needed to be replaced with an updated version that doesn't clog the vent holes. I was told that it sounds weird but has fixed a lot of motors. This was causing blue smoke and running rough as these were the symptom's of the 5.3L engines.
Thanks to you and your post everything is running perfectly.....for now lol. Those lights may come on again with the next issue that won't pinpoint the real issue..
Old October 19th, 2021, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default Sway bar

Originally Posted by gilstone
Biloxi58,

I'm having the same problem with my '07 Suburban- we're you able to resolve this issue and if so, how?

Thanks a lot,

-chris (gilstone)
Change Change your sway bar in your swaybar bushingsyour sway bar in your swaybar bushings