Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2013 Avalanche LTZ Power loss, Door locks cycling, Traction control cycling

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2018, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2013 Avalanche LTZ Power loss, Door locks cycling, Traction control cycling

Short drive recently - Engine went to reduced power, door locks cycling, traction control cycling, and transmission went into 3rd gear only. Received 4 codes - P069E- Fuel Pump Control Module, P0700- Transmission Control Module, and two seemingly nebulous communication bus codes. The truck limped home where I read the codes, and did a Reset of codes - everything went back to normal. Due to work travel, was only able to test drive for about 6 miles and no codes returned. Took to dealer for a comprehensive checkup - only to be chastised for clearing and resetting the codes (really??, Very unprofessional)... the local service manager had an attitude problem.. left the truck with them for now - with advise to check it out, and don't throw any parts at it UNLESS that fixes it! I'll pick it up early next week.. anyone experience similar -- someone on the forum mentioned Onstar computer being a culprit - where is it located in the car? I expect the dealer won't find anything and the problem will repeat itself.. I feel sure its a control module of some kind doing the offensive activity. Thanks.