Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Chevy avalanche made one guy nuts!

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2021, 5:17 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Chevy avalanche made one guy nuts!

Check this out : https://www.powernationtv.com/post/man-finds-over-150-pounds-of-walnuts-hidden-in-his-truck
Old October 6th, 2021, 4:58 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Dee
The real solution is a barn cat or two. They'll rip these squirrels up and literally eat them, after they have killed them. Same thing with birds mice, rats, ect. They can and will get into any part of a vehicle to get these pests. If they can't, they'll wait until they do, and then strike them down. You just have to make sure they have water, and they will clean up the place of vermin. Cats are the ultimate hunter/killers.
Old October 6th, 2021, 2:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Another solution is to hook up an electric fence control to the body of the vehicle and ground it with a chain, while the battery is disconnected while out of town. It won't injure the squirrel, but deter it from using your vehicle as a winter stash center. I like squirrels, but also understand their need to ready for the winter. This might be an indication to some, like observing the wooly worm with its color changes , that the coming winter just might be a doozie.
Some cats will kill squirrels, and some won't, but it's also a valid argument why it's useful to have a garage , when you park your truck , then leave town for 4 days. This story is just nuts. (but point well taken.)
Old October 6th, 2021, 7:03 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Dee
Another solution is to hook up an electric fence control to the body of the vehicle and ground it with a chain, while the battery is disconnected while out of town. It won't injure the squirrel, but deter it from using your vehicle as a winter stash center. I like squirrels, but also understand their need to ready for the winter. This might be an indication to some, like observing the wooly worm with its color changes , that the coming winter just might be a doozie.
Some cats will kill squirrels, and some won't, but it's also a valid argument why it's useful to have a garage , when you park your truck , then leave town for 4 days. This story is just nuts. (but point well taken.)
A barn cat is a tough cat. They'll wait they jump on a squirrel's back and bite the neck clean off. They are not house cats, living outside and killing for food.
Old October 6th, 2021, 7:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Exactly Right, ..... I agree. . (since he didn't , there was an Avalanche of NUTS ) I wish I could have seen the look on his face when he cracked open that hood.