Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2017, 2:56 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribe to this thread.
Service traction control/Stability control messages flashing for the 1st time on my 10 ESV today. Sounds like throttle body sensor, battery, speed sensor. What's else?
Old April 8th, 2017, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I have a 2010 avalanche and am having the same problems with my stabilitrak light as well as service traction control and service four wheel drive. When these lights came on my engine reduced power while I was driving. This was on wednesday night. Thuresday morning. I made an appointment at Chevy. Their next avalible appointment was on Tuesday. Drove the truck thuresday without a problem just all the light were on. Friday morning I go to start my truck and it won't start. Had full power but engine wouldn't do anything. Had it towed to Chevy Monday night. They didn't look at my truck till Wednesday. They call saying they know it's a computer problem but don't know where. Now it's Saturday and I still have no answer or truck. All they'll tell me is please be patient we're trying to figure it out. Seems like a lot of trucks are having this problem. If anyone could help me find an answer that's been having this similar problem it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old May 8th, 2017, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Camaro RS

My Camaro has 47K miles and it has been fine since I picked it up used last year. Today I got the "Service Stabilitrak" warning and had the reduced power deal kick in slowing me down my last couple of miles to my house. I'm thinking I'll start by replacing the Throttle Position Sensor since its under $50.00 and go on from there. I'll get the codes read while I'm at the auto parts store for any clues. I did install a K&N Cold Air Intake but I don't think that it's causing this problem or at least I don't see any mention of that causing problems for anyone. Any tips from those who went through this as to what would be a good next step if the position sensor doesn't take care of business?
Old May 15th, 2017, 11:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2010 Avalanche...Same Issue

Hi all! We have a 2010 Chevy avalanche around 75K miles. First time, we got the service stabilitrak and engine power reduced message was in December it was accompanied by complete loss of engine power...press the gas all ya want its not gonna go. Anyway....last December first time it happened...shut car off...took keys out of ignition waited on the side of the road for about 15 minutes. Started truck up everything ran perfect until now...6 months later and same problem but this time it would run for about 4 minutes then shut down again giving us the same message. Now you can start the truck but all you get is the messages and no power. After doing extensive research (most of people say it's caused by the onstar computer) and talking with Chevy customer service...Chevy said they would cover the replacement costs of the throttle body petal and position censor. When I talked to the mechanic that will be working on the truck he said no way it's the onstar unit and that people on the internet are just bitching...he doesn't seem to be open minded on the issue 🤔 Either way no other mechanics we talked to will remove the onstar module...so I guess we'll try this and see what happens! Did anyone have their throttle body replaced and it fixed the problem??
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2011 Silverado Lt 4X4 with 90,000 miles on it. Last Friday I had the transmission, both differentials and the transfer case serviced. On Monday I was on my way home from work driving straight at about 25 MPH and I got the dreaded chime with flashing SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL, SERVICE STABILITRAK. I did not have a reduce engine power warning. So I continued to drive it back to the service shop and had them check the fluids. I verified with them all was good with the fluid levels. I had no hard shifting and no lack of power during the drive. I had this light once before after installing my lift kit and it was because of the connector at the front transfer case. So I then decided to shut my truck off and completely remove the connector and then reinstall it. I started it up and boom the warning were gone. So I thought okay we are good, well nope. A few days later around the 100 mile mark it happened again so I pulled the connector and put it back and all was good. Can someone tell me what is going on with this?
Old July 10th, 2017, 4:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same problem

Okay I have a 2010 Silverado with 5.3 with the active fuel management.(v8-V4) the problem is with the active fuel management. cylinders 1 4 6 and 7 are the drop-off cylinders when it goes down to 4 cylinder. I kept having a problem every once in awhile with the Stabilitrak traction control service traction control and the flashing check engine light. With a bad misfire. My history would show a cylinder 7 misfire. the lifters for the cylinders 1,4,6,7 have a large spring on the top of them. the spring gets stuck and that causes the lifter to get stuck keeping the valve closed. All while its squirting oil into the cylinder( that cylinder isn't firing in v-4) causing the spark plug to foul out. You can change that spark plug every 3 or 4 months until the lifter finally goes out and screws up the cam lobe or you can change the lifters. some shops can delete the active fuel management so you have a full-time V8 and that eliminates the problem from ever happening again but you have to change the lifters.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default Please h

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi bcklucerne.

We can definitely understand your frustrations and we will be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name. We will be happy to help with your concern!

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Please help I am 1300 miles from home getting codes disabled service throttle, service traction control,engine power reduced,
My name is Eric Davis my # is 2282240039 i am driving a 2007 suburban vin 3GNFK16347G238006 with 159k miles and am in the Stockton Mo area.
Old August 1st, 2017, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Question Check engine light, Service stabilitrak and the service traction contol lights all on

I have a 2015 Chevy Cruz it has 46,000 miles on it and the last couple weeks i am getting these light coming on. The service stabilitrak and service traction control only comes on after I have been driving for about 5 mnutes. After I start it when its idling it seems to idle really low and almost sounds like it is going to die then I will step on the gas a little then it seems fine. Sometimes when I go to accelerate it seems like it isnt getting any gas, I am lucky I didnt get hit the last time I pulled out onto the highway. When trying to stop as well when we are almost to a complete stop it will accelerate then stop. I have been reading and it seems that the ERG Valve and the gas pedal have been determined to be the issue but I am curious how many people have tried this and it has actually fixed it. The more I seem to read and research it seems this is caused from more than just a couple things. I work over an hour from my house and drive on the highway so this is potentially a very big problem especially when it decides not to accelerate or lose speed. Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old August 5th, 2017, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

From the post's I have read - Looks like "On-Star" computer link problem. Sad thing- This has just happened to me and I have a 2007 Avalanche and Just had a NEW engine put in by Chevy dealership. Less than 5,000 miles on New engine.. Go Figure..
I will be going back to Chevy Dealership to inquire on this problem as I have read far to many other user complaints with same issue. Some have replaced the 'Throttle sensor' but that does not seem to fix the problem, according to these users who had this done.
Love my Avalanche, but if issue's continue - will find another brand to drive.. Sad...
Old August 19th, 2017, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Default Help Please ... 07 Avalanche

I recently purchased a 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche with about 68000 miles. Within a week the stabilitrak control, traction control lights came on with rough idling and hard shifting. Does anyone know if there is a solution for these issues? Please help...

Last edited by TriCal; August 19th, 2017 at 8:14 AM. Reason: Help

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control