Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2019, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Silverado

I just started to have this issue, twice in 7 days on my way in to work on the highway, I drive 45 miles to work at 5am and now I don’t trust my truck. From the sounds of it nobody knows what the problem is so where am I supposed to start.
Old November 11th, 2019, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

mine has been broke down for over 2 yrs. we have chnd everything weknow. so good luck
Old November 14th, 2019, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine just started doing this. I work as a mechanic for the military just to give you background. I noticed it did it alot when cold. So i read the codes. The reading for tps code was voltage irregularity. Happened when i was stopped. Now with everthing being electronic and the alternators on these cycling off to conserve power i associated it with that. I replaced my battery in the vehicle. No problem since then and it has been cold here in TN lately. Just something for you all to try before the long path of lifter changes, coil packs spark plugs etc.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 4:11 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2014 GMC Yukon loss of power, stabilitrack, traction control...blah, blah

....a little over a year ago I purchased a 2014 GMC Yukon XL SLT,

It’s been a great car and has 96k miles on it. A week ago my wife was driving when all of a sudden she had a severe loss of power with the check engine light coming on along along with the stabilitrac light and traction control light. Mechanic said its showing an error code in cylinder 7. We took it to our local mechanic and we/they can not find the problem and I feel like we’re going down a rabbit hole. We have done the following trying to chase the problem:

- new spark plugs and wires
- new fuel injector on #7
- they tested the engine to make sure cylinder is working properly and engine pressure (all is good)

.....they said that the spark plug doesn’t look like it’s getting fuel (but it is sparking). They now feel that the problem leans towards electrical (wiring harness?). The mechanics said they need some time to review electrical diagrams to try and trace it back.

I’ve spent hours reading posts online and it seems like it’s a reoccurring problem.

Some things that have been recommended:

- ground wires (damaged or loose)
- check fuse tied to fuel injector
- air intake crack
- bad wiring harness
- mass air flow sensor
- injector receiving the right power, fuse?
- AFM lifter
- airflow sensor
- reset the PCM
- one of the banks on the air/o2 sensor

Any thoughts.....I'm extremely frustrated.

Old December 3rd, 2019, 6:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

Don't worry we see your question. there's no need to post about your Yukon in the Avalanche section , and every other SUV section the forum has. Once is enough. Thanks.
Old December 4th, 2019, 2:57 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

So a compression check has been done? Guessing fuel pressure was verified in the pressure check you referred to. Any codes set?
Old December 4th, 2019, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default Engine Power reduction, Traction Control is off/ Stabilitrak

Hi all,
Over the course of the last month on my 2014 Chevy Traverse I have had error codes engine power reduction, traction control is off and stabilitrak. I have replaced the throttle body and sensor. It then was fine for a couple of days then had the same issue. I have read that the onstar could cause this issue. So I disconnected it with the same result of the same errors. I am really fustrated at this point. Seems as if this is an ongoing issue with Chevy. I took it to the dealer and he said the problem was " throttle body" p2145 after changing it for a second time and and with the same issue. Also I want to mention that the engine turned off "de-energized" while I'm driving three times !
Any ideas ?
Old December 8th, 2019, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default I had the same problem

And still do , when i ran a diagnostic i received a P2127 Replace Accelerator position sensor (APP) .

After replacing the APP it was running fine but i started having the same problems again.

Do i need to drive the vehicle so that the computer calibrates itself with the new part ?

Any advice and tips are appreciated

Thank you
Old December 9th, 2019, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stabiltrak, power steering and engine lights, low acceleration

Originally Posted by islandarmor
Hi all,
two weeks ago my avalanche 2007 z71 started showing these three warnings
engine power is reduced , service stabilitrak and service traction control
I took it to the dealer and he said the problem was " throttle body" p2145
so I changed it , after a week the problem came back
this time the dealer said the " throttle body" was not learned, so he made it learned or whatever
this week the same problem came again !
I want to mention that the engine turned off "de-energized" while I'm driving three times !
Any ideas ?
so I had all three lights come on and had hardly any acceleration. Dealer just called and said a wiring harness needed to be cleaned and reattached. I no longer feel that I can drive anywhere and be safe😡
Old January 2nd, 2020, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Stabilitrack and traction control

I have a 2007 avalanche Ltz with 81k miles and have been dealing with this same problem for about 8 months. It also has a loud high pitch sound while driving between 30 and 35 and also 65 and 70. I however was told at the dealership that they dont work on cars over 10yrs old anymore. So I here is all the stuff I have had fixed rear differential, belts. Tensioner, catalytic converter, speed sensor, break pedal sensor, and front differential. The fuel tank straps are being replaced Tuesday bc 1 rotted off along with an engine mount. A lot of money has been spent and nothing is fixed. My mechanic has called dealer who wont help. What can I do? Since when do you not service your own trucks? So disappointed in the truck and dealership.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gary J Johnson:
Melanie Hooey (March 10th, 2021), Shane Lowery (March 19th, 2021)

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control