Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

94 Corsica gas cap cover???

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2007, 10:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Corsica gas cap cover???

Has there been any recall on the gas cap covers on Corsicas? Mine is being held on with tape and there are a lot of others I see driving around in the same condition or no cover at all??? Please, any insight??
THanks!
Old April 18th, 2007, 1:49 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 94 Corsica gas cap cover???

Corsica fuel doors always fall off. It's because there's no fender liner. The bolts rust out and the door flops. Sometimes you can find a decent door and hinge assy. in a boneyard. Otherwise, I have drilled out the old studs, found a stainless steel nut, bolt and washers and reattached it. It's not a hard fix, just a pain.
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 94 Corsica gas cap cover???

I have a 95 Corsica and mine is just hanging on, gonna fix it as described here when I can. My brother has a 94 Corsica with the same problem and about every Corsica I see has the same problem. It's a shame Chevrolet didn't do a better job on that, it's a wonder a recall wasn't done on it since it could of caused injury or death if it fell off at highway speed and went through a windshield or car window.
Rustybolt.