Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

95 Corsica cooling problems.

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2007, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Corsica cooling problems.

Hello this is my first post. I am having cooling problems with my 1995 corsica 3.1 V6 engine. It all started when the heater core busted. I had a new heater core put in then 1 day later the radiator cracked and had to replace it. After those two parts were put in my engine is now running to warm. I then had a thermostat put in and It has not fixed the problem.
The car runs way to warm usually between the half and 3/4 mark on the temperture guage. Could somebody tell me what is making my car run so warm.

Thanks,
RB.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 7:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 95 Corsica cooling problems.

Find out what the thermostat rating you should have (example: 195 degrees F) and make sure that is the same one you have installed.

Have your radiator cap pressure tested as well.

Also make sure the fins on the A/C condenser located in front of your radiator are not bent. If they are, air will not get to your radiator; look for debris too while you're at it.

Check to make sure your fan is kicking on.

Make sure water pump is operating normal. Turn you vehicle on, then squeeze the top radiator hose and you should feel pressure as you release it.
Old June 18th, 2007, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 95 Corsica cooling problems.

Sorry took so long to reply to this. Replaced the thermostat, Radiator cap tested fine, Fins are not bent, Fan works but only come on at 3/4 hot, Water pump operating correctly. So far I've replaced the radiator, Heater Core, Thermostat, Temperture Sending Unit and soon will be replacing the Temperture Gauge(Since it is now not reading correctly after replacing the TSU). I guess before long I'll eventually get it fixed or go broke.

Rustybolt.