Blazer Combining style with comfort, this all-new, sporty SUV is the epitome of adventure.

Chevrolet Blazer
Platform: C1XX

Charging problem

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2019, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging problem

019 06:47 PM
i have a 1994 fullsize blazer. Installed new 200 amp alternator new battery still only shows 10 volts on gauge. Checked with multimeter actually putting out 13.6 which still isnt enough. Did the jumper cable thing with no change in readings so that kinda rulls out the wires. This all started when i installed a rebuilt starter from autozone. When i hooked the battery back up i heard a pop inside the truck and the check engine light immedianyly came on. Checked codes showing iac valve low voltage at pin 1 which would be a knock sensor and a code for fuel mixture. Thats also when the charging thing came into play. Checked all fuses and relays they are all good. Any thoughts guys? Could it have blown something in the onboard computer(ecu)?
also installed new iac valve cleared computer and its still showing iac code.
please any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.
Old December 27th, 2019, 10:26 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

The voltage might be fine. The system is going to maintain a "voltage" regardless of how much load it has. i.e. battery fully charged no load isn't going to cause the alternator/voltage regulator to put out more. If you are really concerned, get the battery manufacturer volts per cell, and do the math. Your volt gauge is off quite a bit, that I don't know how to calibrate.