Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Camaro ls2 402- engine smoke concern...

Search this Thread

Old July 19th, 2009, 1:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro ls2 402- engine smoke concern...

hey guys

my car's a 2002 camaro with a 402 stroker engine, when the engine warms up it starts puffing white smoke from the exhaust; thereon after when the car comes to a dead stop, the white smoke starts puffing outta the exhaust again.

when i start the car and its cold, theres no smoke; when im driving, theres no smoke- i had a friend tail me and he said the same thing- wheile driving, theres absolutely no smoke- when the car comes to a standstill, the exhaust starts puffing this grayish- white kinda smoke- the smoke dosent bellow and its not thick...

what could be the causes? the engine is NEW with only around 5000miles on it (purchased from texas speed) MAGIC STICK-4 cam and conservative stage-1 heads...

i checked the valve seals and the like and found no problem;
my mechanic told me it could be the pcv system recirculating oil-rich air?

the car did overheat a couple of times in the past (drove it with stock radiator and consequently changed it to a b-cool unit)

just need some probable causes and solutions to cure the prob..

thanks