Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Camshaft specs

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft specs

Hello to all, thought I better start here since Camaros are performance cars, it is either here or Corvettes, Okay so I have three 67 Camaros, yeah that I guess is my introduction. Anyhow I have an old friend who back in the day was a kid racer before shipping off to Vietnam by the local Judge. He does not necessarily talk big and is kind of quiet but he is always touting a camshaft that Chevrolet produced back in the late fiftys and through the years, He refers to it as a "Mechanical 1018" I have looked far and wide for the specs on this thing and I know it is out there with a GM part number but I need some help from the old schoolers to help me locate this thing and to get some specs on it. It is kind of ghost like and is reminiscent of the famed Duntov 30/30 but even that camshaft had a part number and was not ever sold by a name. I am sure it can surface with the help of an old salty racer from the past, this kind of lingo isnt talked much these days and all the old guys are going to the big 1320 in the sky. any help will do and thanks for the great site, Genmin