Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Need a little help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2010 | 11:36 PM
CF Beginner

Exclamation Need a little help!!!!

Hello i just purchased a 94 caprice classic and i want to get a little roar and some extra speed but i dont know were to start your help will be really appreciated thanks for your time
Old January 15th, 2010 | 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend. If you wanna go cheap buy a new muffler and hi-flow catalytic converter and you will get both some oomf and a nice sound. You may also want to look into an aftermarket Air intake. If you have the money to throw around you can look into things like Engine internals or possibly a whole new engine. check out hawks third gen, just google the name and its the first thing that shows up. they do stuff for camaros and firebirds, but they have stuff that will fit almost any SBC. they also sell whole engines, used or new. You can also look in to a new CPU and whatnot, but doing that will decrease your gas mileage and your engine wont last as long unless it was built for performance.
Old January 16th, 2010 | 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default re

thanks i knew it will decrease my gas mileage i was thinking some flowmasters and an air intake will that mees my engine up or will it b fine and should i get high performance spark plugs and wires will that b a good move to make or no i will have about 500 to 700 to put in it so wut do u think my engine has 128000 miles i dont want it to b to fast cuz i have a one year old son but i want a lil pep and mainly the sound i really want and i need to know if i have to get diffrent brakes or drums rooters anything cuz i dont want it to go bad i need the best soulition thanks for your help god bless and thanks
Old January 16th, 2010 | 1:29 PM
CF Beginner

If all you do is an air intake and a new muffler your engine will be fine. The only thing you would really need to be worried about is controlling yourself, because if you romp on the gas it will cause serious damage in the longrun. Performance plugs and wires are a good and cheap way to get a little extra power, with emphasis on the the words "a little". As far as brakes go, upgraded brake kits are very expensive and are only needed for very high performance cars. Caprices (especially the wagons) are very heavy so the factory brake system should be fine as long as you arent planning on doing any serious modification. If you really wanted to you got get drilled and slotted rotors, but if you dont thats fine too.