Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Air Conditioner Intermittent

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2021, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner Intermittent

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and hoping someone could help me. I have a 2013 Captiva Sport and am having issues with my air. I bought the car and the air did not get cool so I took it to a shop and had it recharged. Now most of the time I start the car and start driving my air is pretty cold like it should be and within a half hour or so it will slowly start getting warmer air come out. A few miles later it'll get cold again and sometimes it won't. Don't have a lot of money to throw at it currently so was curious if anyone knows what I could check or have any ideas. Thank you
Old June 14th, 2021, 7:11 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordanmaryssa2015
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and hoping someone could help me. I have a 2013 Captiva Sport and am having issues with my air. I bought the car and the air did not get cool so I took it to a shop and had it recharged. Now most of the time I start the car and start driving my air is pretty cold like it should be and within a half hour or so it will slowly start getting warmer air come out. A few miles later it'll get cold again and sometimes it won't. Don't have a lot of money to throw at it currently so was curious if anyone knows what I could check or have any ideas. Thank you
Is the compressor cycling on/off? Might be a leak that the charge get's low, shuts off the compressor, then comes back on.
Old June 15th, 2021, 4:10 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Jordanmaryssa2015
IMO, you need to buy or have someone check your high side and low side pressures with an A/C gauge set. Normal pressures for an R-134A A/C system run around 30-45 PSI on the low side and 150 to 225 PSI on the high side, depending on ambient outside temperatures, of course.
Old June 15th, 2021, 5:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was checked for leaks when I had to recharged and supposedly it's all sealed. And yeah the compressor will come on and off. Thank you for them numbers I actually had a buddy bring me a set of gauges last night so when I get off work today I will check them both. Thank u both for responding. I'll update tonight.