Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Chevy Stalling

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2011, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Chevy Stalling

chevy

Last edited by chevycav05; June 7th, 2011 at 3:53 PM.
Old June 1st, 2011, 9:25 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by chevycav05
I hava 2005 automatic chevy cavalier. It gets hot and cuts off at stops and in bumper to bumper traffic but starts right back up. Engine surges. Drives alot rougher than it used to. Very loud. Doesn't pick up as well as it used to. It's been going on for about a year now. I've taken it to 2 dealerships and 3 shops. It's been looked at for about 3 months total and no one can tell me anything. No codes, no certain ideas about whats wrong. Had the ECU replaced 4 times. Had the crank shaft replaced.Had someone check the TPS and that's reading fine. I'm being told by one mechanic it's some kind of valve overheating the ECU, I've also been told this is a BS story. When the ECU was replaced it ran great for about 1-2 days then would start cutting off again. It cuts off when stopped, in park, right when I go to accelerate. I don't know anything about cars and after putting over $700 into this problem I'm just getting frustrated with it. Tried to trade it in but can't afford it. I need some help..
Chevycav05,

I am very sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues with your vehicle. Could you please send me your VIN along with your full contact information so I can look into this for you?

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service