Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Elec./Brake/Trans. Questions

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elec./Brake/Trans. Questions

I have a 1997 Cavalier Z24. Got a few problems. The car has been serviced many times, and misc. problems have been fixed, but as always, when one is taken care of, another comes up.

The brakes jum when coming to a complete stop. All but the flux lines have been looked at. I'm not thinking this is the problem, but I was just wanting an opinion.

The rear brake lights and turn signals fail to work. I took a look at the fuses and switches under the dash, and am going to replace the brake switch. I'm not familiar with the second one next to it, but I'm still going to replace that. What I can't figure out is why the turning signals don't work.

Finally, the transmission. When at idle, it rumbles at various intensities, and it has only shook the tar out of me once. The shifting is nice and smooth, but I'm thinking that there's something loose, or maybe the tranmission needs flushed to help get the parts cleaned up.

If anyone has some opinions or sugguestions, please let me know.

Thank you.