Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Help getting to headlight mounts

Search this Thread

Old December 8th, 2007, 4:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help getting to headlight mounts

Hi,
I was involved in a low speed collision with my 2004 Cavalier 2 dr coup. I was pretty mad at first because i really love this car and shes been good to me, but Sh*t Happens, right? it could have been worse, i mean my headlight is lookin hurt, but aside from that theres just some scratches and the left front bumper poped out.
Anyways.....
The headlight broke free from its mounts, its like floating around there in the dead space of the bumper. it still works and all but theres these nice clean breaks on the backside. its seems like the backside of the headlight was molded from this dark, hard, plasic material that mounts it to the car.I was thinking i could remove the mounts and prop up the headlight somehow until i can fix it permanantly, i ran into some trouble though;
only one of the bolts that mounts the headlight is exposed, the rest are underneath the bumper panles. I dont know how to remove this stuff! it looks like some of the panels have these flat metal clips and some have these black plastic pins.....how do i remove these?? i assume that they just pull out, but i dont want to do anymore damage.
obviously i dont know that much about this stuff so any advice, even the simplest thing, would be a big help to me.
thanks

-one headlight to the sky!

-DC-
Old December 8th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Help getting to headlight mounts

Yeah. They should just pull out. I've change a bulb in a cavy before, but I can't remember how to take the headlight out. Seems like it just clips in somehow...
Old December 9th, 2007, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help getting to headlight mounts

Yeah they just popped out with a pair of side cuts, i was able to get the mounts off too. It looks like it would be easy to replace so Im looking for a new headlamp assembly.
thanks