Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Cavalier (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/)
-   -   I need help!!!!! (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cavalier-12/i-need-help-55235/)

brianpowers80 December 16th, 2012 4:40 PM

I need help!!!!!

Come on guys! I got a motor lined up so I just need some info. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. So the other day we weredriving about 65-70 mph and my fiance went to downshift to pass someone and went from 5th to 2nd gear on accident. The motor revved really high and started making a really bad knocking noise. When we got home, I pulled the valve cover, pulled the push rods to see if maybe we bent one but when I rolled them on a flat surface they looked ok. So then I thought maybe a collapsed lifter. So put everything back together, started it, lifted the valve cover but didn't notice any of the lifters moving any different than the others. So worst case scenario I'll have to replace the motor again. If I replace it, what motors out of other cav's, sunfires, or even s10's will work?

kevinkpk December 16th, 2012 5:02 PM

Originally Posted by brianpowers80 (Post 235520)
Come on guys! I got a motor lined up so I just need some info. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. So the other day we were driving about 65-70 mph and my fiance went to downshift to pass someone and went from 5th to 2nd gear on accident. The motor revved really high and started making a really bad knocking noise. When we got home, I pulled the valve cover, pulled the push rods to see if maybe we bent one but when I rolled them on a flat surface they looked ok. So then I thought maybe a collapsed lifter. So put everything back together, started it, lifted the valve cover but didn't notice any of the lifters moving any different than the others. So worst case scenario I'll have to replace the motor again. If I replace it, what motors out of other cav's, sunfires, or even s10's will work?

shew.....

brianpowers80 December 16th, 2012 6:28 PM

That doesn't help me out at all Kevin. LOL

kevinkpk December 16th, 2012 7:30 PM

Read your post, that dosen't help me to help you

brianpowers80 December 16th, 2012 7:39 PM

I got rid of the color stuff that was in there. That happened when I tried to copy and paste it. Does it read any better now?

kevinkpk December 16th, 2012 8:08 PM

Brian, repost it

brianpowers80 December 16th, 2012 8:16 PM

Okay.

brianpowers80 December 16th, 2012 8:22 PM

I need help!!

OK so this what happened. We were driving home the other day running about 65-70 mph, and my fiance went to downshift to pass someone and went from 5th to 2nd on accident. The motor revved really high and after I shifted in into 4th for her, it started making a really bad knocking noise. When we got home I pulled the valve cover and pulled the push rods to see if they were bent at all. I took them and rolled them on a flat surface and they looked fine. Then I was told something about it could be a collapsed lifter. I put everything back together, started the car, and lifted the valve cover so I could see the rocker arms and the valve springs and I didn't see any of the lifters doing anything out of the ordinary. So worst case scenario I'll have to replace the motor again and was wondering what motors from cavs, sunfires, or s10's will work in my car?

BW56 December 18th, 2012 10:19 AM

On the bright side, My girlfriend backed my Caprice into my Corvette. A two for one. I married her and we have been happy for 32 years. Good luck