Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Whats wrong with my A/C system

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2010, 7:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with my A/C system

Ok so we got this car (1997 2.2L) with a incomplete A/C system all it was missing was the compressor. it had some sort of dummy pully on it. after installing the compressor and hooking up all the lines i vaced the system down(to about 30") added oil. and I then began to add freon on. the compressor didnt jump on with the 1st can so i thought hell i'll add the 2nd. still nothing. i have gone threw and checked every fuse in the car. i checked the relay by swapping it with the fuel pump relay. still i got nothing. so i thought hmm maybe the Low pressure switch is bad. the problem is i can't find the switch. there's nothing plugged into the accumulator. and nothing on the compressor. where and the heck is the switch? i see that there is a high pressure switch for the fans but i cant find the low.
Old July 20th, 2010, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

update: while probing with the test light i found that im not getting positive signal to the high side pressure switch im getting 5 volt and ground. but not positive. i dont know what that means but i thought i would throw it on the table too
Old July 21st, 2010, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

really 57 views and no one knows? wow thats crazzzzyy