Chevelle & El Camino This section is intended to cover Chevelle, El Camino, and other GM A or G-Body RWD not otherwise covered

Chevelle comeback

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2006 | 5:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Chevelle comeback

Sorry guys, I am just wishing that since Pontiac has the GTO back that Chevy would bring back the Chevelle. I mean they were pretty similar and since the Camaro is gone, what better way to try and bring the muscle car rivalries back then with the GTO and Chevelle. What do you think?
Old March 3rd, 2006 | 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Chevelle comeback

I totally agree with you I would much rather see the Chevelle revived instead of the Camaro as long as they don't butcher the name like they did the GTO. The GTO is one of the greatest muscle cars of all time in my opinion and they butcherd the name by just slapping some GTO badges on a Holden Monaro.This was such a half-*** and half-hearted effort by GM to revive the GTO. If GM actually put some effort into the design like Dodge and Ford did the return of Chevelle could be AWESOME! The only thing is they already have the Malibu which if I remember is what Chevelle was fazed into. I think it was the Chevelle and then went to Chevelle/ Malibu and then Malibu if i remember correctly.
Old July 21st, 2006 | 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

The new GTO's definately look like hell but boy are they quick!! Not quick enough for me to ever get one though.
Old August 20th, 2006 | 11:34 AM
CF Beginner

They are bringing the Chevelle back in the next couple of years.
Unfortunately, they beat it into a coma with an ugly bat.
Chevy recently disclosed that they are indeed going to produce the Camaro concept that was unveiled last year.
Trust me, the Camaro looks awesome while the Chevelle looks weaker than the new Chargers.
Old August 30th, 2006 | 11:46 PM
CF Active Member

I bought a new Chevelle SS396-375 HP back in 1968. I've had so many GM muscle cars, I don't care to count. I currently have a 1969 427 Camaro and a 1996 Z-28 that I bought new. I would love to see the return of the Chevelle and Camaro but without the EXTREMELY radical out take of the '69 Camaro that is on the drawing board. If They go too far to the Extreme, it won't sell and will be phased out very qiuckly. Look at the New Mustang and Challenger designs, They're modern updates of the earlier version without GM's bizarre extremism. The Mustang is selling very well, You see them everywhere. They're priced to sell and designed to incorporate the retro look with enough of a modern twist so as to not look dated. The GTO is in need of more flash ( Stripes, Wheels, etc ), but also to stay away from the extreme vision GM has for the Camaro. Chevy is getting it better with the new grille design on the Suburban and Tahoe and they are selling dispite the gas mileage issue. I know that it's not in same vein with the Muscle Cars but
the general premise is the same. If the Camaro is going to be a success, then it must be designed for the masses. not like the concept which will not sell in enough volume to make enough profit to maintain the car line. That's what killed the last Version and You must know that it's a business and it must sell to succeed. The Camaro was brought out back in 1967 to battle the Mustang in the Pony Car ( Re; Mustang ) sales and will only succeed if the new attack is met in the same manner. A Chevelle SS based on the Monaro Chassis like the GTO is probably the only viable way to See another Modern version so Hope for the best.