Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2010 Cobalt window and radio issues

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2012, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Cobalt window and radio issues

Hey everyone, i have a 2010 Cobalt, 53k miles(used), that is having some issues. i will start with the window issue.

Both the driver side front and passenger rear windows are not rolling down, i have kinda checked to see if they are drawing power by turning the car on and seeing if the dome light dims, and it does, so i am guessing the motors are bad? is it possibly they could be jammed? there was no warning to them going out, like them getting stuck or being weak when rolling up or down, so would i just have to replace them, or are they salvageable?

the second issue i am having is with the radio, its just the stock radio. i dont listen to cds, i just run my ipod through the AUX, so when the driver side speakers started cutting out i thought it was the cable, replaced the cable and it still cut out..found out through trial that it was the connection with the AUX port. so i stopped using my ipod and switched to my radio transmitter. well about a week later my radio started randomly switching to AUX and i would have to switch it back to the radio, no big deal. well now its doing it constantly. if i hit a bump, change the radio station, even when i turned my A/C off it switched. can the radio be fixed its self or am i going to have to replace it as well?

thanks for any help i can get
Old July 26th, 2012, 1:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 351 Likes on 332 Posts

It can be fixed, but you will spend about the same as a decent aftermarket radio would cost. That is unless you can do the work yourself.
Old July 26th, 2012, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I mean can it be fixed without replacing? Because if it can then yes i can do the work myself. The only thing I couldn't do with a new radio(stock) is program the thing, which is what a Chevy tech said they have to do with new radios
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 351 Likes on 332 Posts

The easy part is fixing it. The hard part is finding the problem. It appears to b something loose inside the radio. You can take it out and look for loose connections and examine the circuit boards for anything loose, cracked or poor solder joints.
About the windows, you are probably right about needing to change the motors. Either way if you fix or replace, you have to remove the door panels. So why not do it and examine the mechanism.