Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Air intake question

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2013, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air intake question

I have an 06 cobalt 2.2 and I am finally getting around to putting some aftermarket mods on it besides the stereo which was swapped out after like 2 days ofvowning it, lol. The first mod of course is an air intake because its the easiest to do and me being the idiot I am bought a cheap one from ebay. My problem is that the air intake doesnt have a port for the air injection tube it only has a spot for the maf to attach. When I contacted the company with my complaint they said they are gonna send me a breather filter for the injection tube. Does the injection tube have to connect to the air intake pipe to work properly or will throwing a breather filter on the injection tube mess with the system? I could be wrong but I thought the air injection pump pushes more air into the intake or does it suck air? Im kinda torn on whether or not I should just scrap the intake or give it a try with the breather fikter they are sending me. Any help I get will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.