Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Cobalt Speakers

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt Speakers

What is the size of the front door speakers in the 2006 Cobalt LT ???
Old February 15th, 2007, 1:48 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cobalt Speakers

6 3/4"
Old September 8th, 2007, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cobalt Speakers

A word of warning about replacing Cobalt door speakers. The worthless original speakers are specially built to fit perfectly into a specially sized opening. When you replace the speakers, you will have to drill four screw holes AND cover the backside of the newly installed speakers to prevent rainwater from pouring into the car and flooding your floor. You see, I am told that with all cars rain water leaks through the middle of the door and out drain holes in the bottom. With the Cobalt, rainwater FLOODS through the middle and out any openings it finds. New Speakers will provide a perfect escape route for water. What I did was cut out a square piece of heavy duty tarp and attach it to the two top speaker screws (in between the speaker and the panel), allowing the tarp to drape down over and past the bottom of the speaker. So far this seems to have worked with normal amounts of rain. I tell you, I have never had trouble like this before in all the previous cars I've installed door speakers in.