Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Colorado - passlock

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem with my 07ī colorado, itīs a really headache! i unknow how exactly was fixed by a electro-mechanic and a car locksmith, the passlock system was modified replacing a resistance for a "by pass" wire on ignition switch, that was one year ago and passlock is not an issue anymore so may be passlock system is not functional now but for me itīs ok

cost $65
Old October 18th, 2013, 2:20 PM
CF Beginner

I am the Parts Manager at a dealership, we've had luck replacing the following:

15795321 Ignition Housing $87.32
26028106 Shear Bolt $5.88

Seems to take care of the problem. I hope this helps!
Old December 16th, 2013, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

I am currently experiencing passlock issue with my 2007 chevy colorado. I have tried many things and truck still will not start.dealership quoted me $700+!! I came across newrockies Pro Module and was wondering if anyone has tried this and if it worked? Or if anyone has advise on a bypass so i can avoid the passlock issues. Please help!
Old December 17th, 2013, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

This problem reminds me of the corvette ing lock problem, where the lock motor fails to work and shuts the fuel system down.

There is a modual to bypass the the lock once it is installed the lock and the problem go's away.

Every new C5 owner installs one of these lock by passes when they get the car.

Corvette C5 Column Lock Bypass, c5 lock bypass

Maybe someone has one to work on this problem it seems to me that its all in the ign switch
Old February 12th, 2014, 8:13 PM
CF Beginner

Default chevy colorado will not start for 10 minutes

First I know many people are having this problem just like the marker lights not working all the time!!!!!!!!

You know it has locked me out and couldn't even get back in with the orginal key. had to call popalock!!!!!!
dealer found no problem because it started after we got in it!!!!!!

truck shuts off when you accelerate!!!! more than once
dealer found no problem!!!!

will not start, unless you wait 10 minutes

WTF cant Chevy step up to the plate? they used inferior parts to increase
margin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smaller wires, cheap relays???????????????

oh and the drivers side windows don't roll down!!!!!!!!
bought a switch it don't work!!!!
take motor out use 12 volt drill battery and it works!!! SOB now I have the motor disconnected so someone doesn't roll it down on accident and cant get it back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chrisrockcrawler; February 12th, 2014 at 8:17 PM.
Old February 12th, 2014, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

don't believe you!
Old May 25th, 2014, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

You have to change out the lock cylinder. When you cut a new key your cutting it with the problem.
Old July 8th, 2014, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

ACDelco D1462G Ignition and Starter Switch Housing Assembly
35 dolars

cause of problem colorado
Old October 9th, 2014, 8:34 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default to LF no start colorado. vvt sensor

After countless attempts and 6 years of owning a colorado this is the only issue i really obsess with. I have found that the crank sensor and the vvt sensor operate together.
When you open the hood look to the your left of engine passenger side. The valve cover of where the cam gear are under neath. Just behind the wide front of ckver.
There is a sensor attached to cylinder head. Ten mm bolt holding it in. Just below the valve cover. Be gentle. The sensore is really long like 4 inches into head. Alot of things to look out for pulling the vvt sensor so prepare for possible o ring replacement.
Now if by chance removing sensor was suck-sess full. Haha.
A can of of carb clean or parts clean. Sensor safe. Spray it down and soft brush gently remove and hard deposits.GENTLEY. allow to air dry and inspect.
If you would like take a multi meter ohm it out just for resistance sake.
Normally these sensors take all the hard deposits and abused neglect from dirty oil or hard driving. I am guilty aswell.
Also i noticed in winter months it acts up more frequently so im thinkimg design flaw.
Hope this helps you out and understand clearly how complex this wiring and ecu operate your motor and trans.
Oh mine just cranked up. Lol no carb cleaner on hand and headed that way now hahahaba just hope i can get home lol

Ive got an 05 Colorado that has a really intermittent starting issue. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I have learned to deal with it. I think I have it narrowed down to a Passlock issue but I don't know where to go from here.

Symptoms?
I try to start it, the engine turns over, but never starts. The lock symbol on the dash flashes. I wait 10 minutes. Turn the key to the on position and the lock symbol is steady. Turn the key the rest of the way and it cranks right up. It does this randomly. Sometimes it will go months with no problems. Sometimes it does it every time I try to go somewhere for two weeks. Sometimes I have to wait a total of 30 or 40 minutes in 10 minute intervals before it finally starts (what a pain when you're late for work).

What have I tried?
New keys. 5 new keys, actually. A can of compressed air in the ignition to blow out any debris. Taking the key off the chain so the weight of my key chain isn't a factor. I have tried turning the key very slowly after its been sitting over night to see if the lock flashes before or after first start attempt. It's always after. So, first start attempt, lock is solid, try to start, doesn't start, lock flashes, wait 10 minutes, lock is solid again, starts right up. I have tried causing the issue by not pushing the clutch in all the way, in gear, out of gear, e-brake on e-brake off, seatbelt on, seatbelt off... Nothing seems to be affecting the issue. To me, a co

Thank you!
LF[/QUOTE]
Old November 9th, 2014, 7:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rick49
HELLO EVERYONE,
I too have experienced the same starting problems after 10 minutes , starts up and acts like nothing happened.
Was at the dealer this week , they changed the ignition start switch with passlocl sensor, Has this worked for anyone? Cost $420.00 , GM won,t pay!!

I TRULLY BELEIVE GM SHOULD PUT THIS PROBLEM ON THE RECALL LIST,
MANY MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THIS EXact PROBLEM.

I AM WILLING TO SIGN A PETITION

let us know.
I would sign one also how can we get one started?

Quick Reply: Colorado - passlock